Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dressed Up Dresser

The master bedroom is coming right along and I must say I'm very happy with the progress so far.  Today I'm showing you some improvements to the dresser area.

Remember my confession of how the area looked before this makeover started?
{sheepishly hanging my head}



And then I shared about some of the progress I made, and this is how it looked at that point.  It still needed some sprucing up, but it was such an improvement over what it had been before.



Well, now it has been spruced.



I don't remember how or why, but one day it just came to me and I knew exactly what I wanted it to look like.




Over the next couple of weeks after that I used my 40% off coupons at Hobby Lobby and gathered all the needed supplies to make the two topiaries and the two faux metal industrial type letters.  Real industrial letters would have been amazing, but the larger, free standing ones like I wanted cost more than I was willing to pay.




So, I used a variation of my faux galvanizing technique and painted my own (more details on that and the making of the topiaries coming soon).





I still have to find a lamp for Hubby's side of the bed, but for now a little spindle-turned-lamp that I bought last year is working out just fine (that was a $1.99 thrift store find by the way).


So, what do you think?  Do you like how it turned out?  Do you think the letters look authentic enough?  I'd love to know your thoughts.

* Tutorial for the faux industrial metal letters can be seen {here}, and the tutorial for the topiaries can be seen {here}. *


                                                                  


Linking up to:

9 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    I like the way your "dressed up dresser" turned out, and the letters are fantastic, they do look like the real thing ;) ah... the magic of paint :)

    take care,
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You added the perfect touch! GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! And yes to the authenticity of the letters, especially the 'S' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! The letters look authentic! Great update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! It looks beautiful and I am waiting (im) patiently for instructions to make the cool topiaries! I have two cute topiary stands that I got in a garage sale. Now I need to know how to make the topiaries. If you know, I would also love to be able to make the ones with the rosemary type greenery on the top...they are more bushy and less round.
    Thanks for a great post, and I love how your room is coming along.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great Stephanie, it really came together and I'll be waiting to read how you did the letters, I have two that are just plain white and I'd love to do them your way, so neat!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie: 3 X YES. It look fantastic. I thought the letter were really iron, and please hurry and tell how you did them and the topiaries..Happy Wednesday..Judy By the way if I haven't told you I love your blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the look! So authentic and cohesive! I love topiaries - any kind, but I always worry about how to dust them? Have any tips for that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A-MA-ZING!! I love the letters and the topiaries. I'm feeling pretty inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...