Friday, June 8, 2012

Fun Friday Finds #3


My fun finds for this week are quite limited.  Early in the week I decided I was not doing my usual Friday garage sale loop.  I have a back log of SO many items waiting to be photographed and listed in my Etsy shop, I figured I'd be better off to spend those hours getting caught up rather than adding to the pile.

BUT... I did make a Goodwill stop early in the week, and on Thursday the kids and I were on our way back from the local bike trail when I spotted an itty bitty little garage sale sign.  I guess my car is so used to following them that it just turned the corner before I even knew it.  I had nothing to do with it whatsoever.


Total spent - $7.10


This cute little vintage tray was from GW - $1.70.  I sold one very similar to it just recently, so I'm hoping this one will sell as well.


Cute little enamelware pot - .99.  It's the perfect addition to a set I acquired recently for....wait for it...free!  (A friend from church called me one day a couple of weeks ago and said she had a bunch of old stuff that was going to the thrift store and that I could come look through it and take anything I wanted.  I came back with lots of fun stuff.)  These are also destined for the shop.


Milk Glass Pedestal Mugs - $4.15 for six.  Aren't these just adorable?  I thought so.  I'm hoping someone out there in Etsyland thinks so, too.


Ok, now here's the one that made me all giddy inside and caused me to run next door to my neighbor's and make her listen to my excitement.  This is the one my car found.....all on it's own.

Antique Wicker Laundry Basket (made in Hungary).  This thing is big.  And beautiful.  And I almost passed it up because one of the handles is in disrepair.  But when I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said, "Oh...how 'bout a quarter?" my heart skipped a beat and the handle no longer mattered. In the trunk it went.

Funny story - speaking of trunks, last week when we were doing our garage sale shopping we had been in the car for a couple of hours and the kids were getting bored.  I started acting silly and began talking with an accent like I was Chinese trying to make them laugh.  I said something about needing to find more sales because I needed more junk.  My daughter, who is 4.5, piped up and said, "Mommy!  You don't need any more junk.  You already have enough junk...in the trunk."  She meant it quite literally because I had placed my purchases in the trunk, so she couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard.


I came home and did some research.  There is an almost identical one listed on Etsy for $165 and another one sold on Ebay for $115!  And I paid .25!!!  Can you believe that?  With a profit margin like that my immediate thought was to sell it because I couldn't think where I would have a need for it.

But....

Then I thought of this.



Or maybe even something like this.



And now I'm torn about what to do.

What would you guys do?  Keep or sell?

                                          

Linking up to:

6 comments:

  1. Now that is darling!!!!
    I vote for keeping it :) I love the idea of putting the basket on the vintage camp stool. love,love, love that idea.

    toodle*le*loo,
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! I think you should keep it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would keep it! I would also make a liner in a pretty fabric with a ruffle hanging over the side....just a thought! You could even cover the handles in fabric thereby disguising the damage to the one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid that I would feel obligated to sell it, BUT I would put such a price on it that if it sold I would really feel good....but if it didn't, well :^) :^). And then I would run to Texas and get the three big baskets that a crazy lady there has in her barn.... One of them is a ginormous bottle in a basket (demijohn style)that the Germans use to haul wine!!! I have tried to sell them, but the market here is just tooooo mod and trendy!
    I love your other finds too...especially the white enamelware!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd keep it because it looks darling in your bedroom on the stool, down the road you can always sell it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep it ! Keep it ! You can always sell it later if you get tired of it (that won't happen) or you find a much better treasure to replace it (that could happen).

    Love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...