Friday, June 29, 2012

Fun Friday Finds #4

Woohoo!  I was so excited to get back to my Friday yard sale shopping this morning after about 3 weeks of not being able to go.  And boy did I have a great day.  Here's an overview of everything I got.


Total spent was $30.50.


A great wooden toolbox for $2.
I love all the little cubbies and holders.  I plan to fix it up a bit and add it to the shop.


Radio Flyer 4 wheeled scooter/bike - $3.50
My kids are having fun with it right now, but eventually it'll be destined for the shop.


2 hanging buckets - $1.  
I bought these to keep.  I've been wanting some of these for a long time to put plants in and hang over the rungs of my old ladder, but I've never been able to find any.


Vintage portable filing box - .25 (shop)
Popcorn popper - .50 (keeping)
Coffee percolator - .25 (shop)
Pair of vintage Italian frames - $1 (shop)


Large activity/play rug - $1
I've been wanting one of these for my lil' guy for awhile now, but was reluctant to pay $40 for it.  Now I'm glad I didn't.


I forgot to include this in the first picture of everything.  A box of various maps found in a free box.


Large (one of the biggest I've seen) vintage suitcase - $5
This actually wasn't priced to sell.  It was filled with scraps of material that were for sale and the suitcase was barely visible, but I asked if they'd be interested in selling it and they said ok.  I've never seen one that opens at an angle like that, and it opens from the end, not from the front.  Pretty unique.


Ok, now the above picture was all purchased from one sale...for $15. 
Let's take a little closer look.


A box full of vintage baby shoes and clothing.


This box even has an original receipt from JC Penny.


Two small canning jars, 2 small ironstone platters, and a great old brush.


Some fun vintage kids books.


An old Charles Dickens book, and...I think my most exciting find of the day.  An antique German, Martin Luther, Bible with the Apocrypha, dated 1838.......for .10!!! 


I came home and did a bit of Ebay research and found a very similar one that sold for $235!  It's not just the value that's exciting to me, it's the history that's behind it and wondering where it's been, who owned it, wondering what are the stories that go along with it.


Ok, total shift from the Bible straight to Moonshine jugs, lol!  The large crock one was marked $5, and the smaller one .25.


I loved the smaller one because it has a corn cob stopper!  How neat is that?


And last but not least, from the same sale, an old shipping crate for $2.


I was VERY happy with my finds today and was practically doing a happy dance in the car.  My daughter kept asking me what was wrong.  : )

I hope you have a great weekend!

                                               

Linking up to:

11 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You hit the jack pot!!! Love the old riding toy! And the packing crate. and the... :-)

    Oh yeah, the Vintage oval frames- Mom had those same ones at some point. We (me or you or both...) made her get rid of them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - wish we'd live closer - what a fun junkin' buddy you'd be :) Love, love that suitcase - good thing you inquired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the amazing items you bought and the prices are fabulous! I never come across anything like this around my house UGH! So glad you got so many great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You hit the jackpot! Where do you live? You find the best bargains ever! I have those hanging plant pots that I got at Dollar General awhile back and I was going to use them outside on my railing but it is too hot and the metal just fries the plants so thanks for the idea to use them inside hanging on a ladder rung! Great idea! I might even use them in the kitchen for utensils as I have several of them.
    I have to go check out your store now! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing yard sale finds! I did pretty good this weekend as well. Love a good day at the yard sales! I am a fellow partier at Funky Junk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds!!! I stumbled on your blog and as soon as I saw your background I knew I would love it....I had the same background until a couple days ago...lol. Good luck finding ladder for the buckets. I did that and LOVE it. You can check it out here:http://thefarmersbetterhalf.blogspot.com/2011/05/old-ladder.html I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy, did you ever find some great stuff and for CHEAP!! If I find those things, they're at a much higher price than what you've paid. I do get some awesome finds though! Love the suitcase, the crate & the Bible. I came across a 2nd publishing of Uncle Tom's Cabin in petty good condition at a sale for $5 a few yeas ago. Pretty exciting for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow....you found some awesome stuff!!!...love the shipping crate, little scooter, bible, book, and....etc!!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa!! You really scored! Way to go!! I had a suitcase like that recently, but sold it. Cool beans! I just recently went to a garage sale that was OVER and he gave me whatever I wanted for FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For anyone thinking about getting a divorce or going through the divorce process, this blog entry about no-fault divorce in New York is an invaluable resource. You provide a helpful and comforting explanation of the advantages of a no-fault system together with an account of the legal framework. Of particular importance is the emphasis on lowering conflict and encouraging a more cooperative separation. Your blog gives those going through this difficult life change a sense of support in addition to education. Congratulations for tackling a sensitive subject with knowledge and compassion!What is No Fault Divorce in New York

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...