Saturday, December 15, 2012

"Junky" Christmas Decor Continued

Last time I skipped ahead from the inside decor to the porch outside.  So now, let's go back inside and continue on around the living room. 


We left off with the shelf and then the repurposed centerpiece on the coffee table.


Did you notice an added little extra on the couch pillow?


I tied a thrifted scarf around it to give it a an extra pop of "Christmas."  I did one on the love seat, too.  I wish I could take credit for that idea, but alas, I saw it in a magazine years ago and it's always stuck with me.


Above the love seat I changed out the two middle pictures and added this little chippy gate with a berry wreath.  If you've been with me since last Christmas you might remember I used the gate outside on the porch last year.


 Simple yet effective.


Then, tucked in next to the recliner is the crate side table where I have more lovely "junk" on display.


Three small canning jars holding some fresh boxwood trimmings and faux berries are tucked into an 
old cheese box.


A galvanized jingle bell pairs nicely with the rustic wood.  
(Found these at my local hardware store!)


This picture is actually a Christmas card.  We sent these out last year and I loved them so much I saved one to use as decor.


The picture frame and jingle bell are sitting atop an old wooden drawer turned upside down.  You can just see it's rusty handle peeking out on the end.


And lastly, I'll show you our tree.  It's tucked in between the love seat and the recliner.


It's not at all "junky" or themed or "designed" in any way.  It's what we call our "traditional" tree.  Hubby and I take turns choosing how the tree will be decorated and this year is his year and he almost always chooses this look because it's what he grew up with; colored lights, tinsel garland, just about every ornament we own, candy canes, and plenty of icicles.  Even though I almost always choose a themed tree with white lights, I do enjoy the traditional tree very much.  It's so colorful and sparkly.  :)

Next week I'll be sharing my "junky" version of the Nativity scene, so be sure to stop back in for another visit when you get the chance.

If you'd like to see more of my "junky" farmhouse Christmas style you can see my porch {here}, a repurposed toolbox centerpiece {here} a Christmas "mantel" {here}, 
                                                     


6 comments:

  1. Very nice and festive Stephanie.
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all GREAT!!!! Your hubby made a wise choice...AFAIAC..the traditional tree with the collecions of things is the BEST!! Every ornament = a lovely memory.
    Blessings to you and your sweet family.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love all the details. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the jars filled with the greenery, so pretty! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Really like this post very informative and knowledgeable thanks for the great post.
    Buy Fencing Direct voucher code

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...