Friday, December 7, 2012

Perfectly Junky Christmas Centerpiece

If you follow me on my Facebook page you may have seen this red wooden tool tray I posted about the other day.  I found it at a local thrift store for 2.99 and fell instantly in love!  I couldn't wait to get it home and use it in my Christmas decor.


I already had a centerpiece on the coffee table that I liked a lot, but I knew this one I would love.  I pictured this the moment I spotted it sitting on that shelf...surrounded by more modern tools.  I almost missed this beauty!


After I got the greenery and candles placed I knew it needed a little "rusty bling," so I raided my box of  doo-dads and came up with a few things that I thought would work.



Did you see them all tucked in there?


My favorite is this martial arts "Ninja star."  If I remember right, my husband found it out in the woods on the ranch where we used to live and was going to pitch it, but I hung onto it and added it to my goody box.  It has sort of a rusty snowflake effect, dontcha think?


Another whimsical junky arrangement that makes me smile.


(I find it hard to get good pictures in this living room.  The walls have a yellow undertone that are challenging and now that our tree is blocking a good bit of light from the window it makes it even harder.)


You can read more about the shelf arrangement {here}.

Check back early next week for more perfectly junky Christmas decor.  I can't wait to show you the porch, I had so much fun putting it all together.  Think soda crates, galvanized buckets, wooden step ladder, rusty license plates, and more!  

Get your junk fill here at The Cozy Old Farmhouse.  : )

If you'd like to see more of my "junky" farmhouse Christmas style you can see a rustic crate side table display {here}, and my "junky" porch decor {here}.
                                                    

10 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas centerpiece Stephanie.
    What an awesome idea!

    sandraallen260@centuryel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great price for that piece. And perfectly decorated, too!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red tool box is just lovely--I think the way you decorated it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever! The box filled with the greenery and candles is cute on its own but by adding the rusty 'bling' . . . you really sent it over the top (in a GOOD way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do have the touch. Nothing like country Christmas decor. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome find! It makes a great centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. You can't go wrong with greenery! I'm now following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love It! Great Idea! Love the creativity and Junk style!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...