Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Little of My Rustic Christmas Decor

Is everyone having a good Christmas season thus far?  I know we are.  Having small children really brings back the excitement and joy of it all.  Our 4 year old is full of anticipation for the advent calendar each day and excited for there to be presents under the tree soon.  The 1 year old is fascinated and entranced by the twinkling Christmas lights.  It's so cute to watch him sit and stare and say his own little version of  "wow."

Anyways, I wanted to share a bit more of my Christmas decor this year.  (You can see my rustic "wreath" that I'm absolutely loving here.) 

I put together this little rustic "junky" candle holder, and I really like how it turned out. 


The old wooden firken type container came from my grandfather, it was from his farm.  The punched tin thingy-ma-bob was from a yard sale, I picked it up for .25 or so.  I have no idea what it was originally for, but I immediately saw it as a candle holder.  I added in a few sprigs of fresh greenery, leftover from trimming the tree, and a few faux berries to add some color.


It's sitting on my vintage suitcase table, along with a Christmasy fabric coaster.  A must have for all those mugs of hot chocolate and yummy holiday flavored coffee.



It gives off a perfectly rusty glow. 



The other little bit I wanted to share is the corner of our porch where I put together this display.


The "gate" and the star were $1.50 for both at a church rummage sale, the skates were $1 at a yard sale, the mini-tree was .50, and the minnow bucket was $4 at the Restore.  (I still have the insert that goes inside it that I want to use elsewhere.)




I love the rustic simplicity of it, it's very "me."


I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas and remembering that Jesus is the reason for the season!



Linking up to:

9 comments:

  1. I love the rustic simplicity, too...love the gate with the black skates! Yes, Christmas with little ones is quite exciting!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks gorgeous and very festive Stephanie.

    I'd love it if you could link this project up with my Simply Christmas Inspiration party at
    http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/12/inspiration-friday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! Boy did you get some fabulous deals! Visiting from FHF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rustic & this is so pretty! Thank you so much for linking it to Fabulous Friday.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style and I love your Christmas decorations. I like the simple look most of the time but I seem to go overboard every Christmas. Maybe one of these years I'll stick to my guns and keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every single detail of your decorations and room! The small tree with ribbons and the star are pretty gorgeous. Thank you for sharing these beautiful Christmas decorating ideas this year. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing such valuable information. This blog has given me a fresh perspective on the topic. The benefits of the color blind test extend beyond personal insights; it promotes empathy and understanding among individuals with varying color perceptions. Visit this article and get more information about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for taking time to create a good article

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...