Monday, December 10, 2012

A "Junky" Christmas Porch

Ok y'all, I've been almost giddy with excitement to show you what I came up with for the porch this year, so I'm skipping ahead from the inside decor to the outside.  I had so much fun rearranging things that were already out there for the Fall display and adding a few "new" things to make it Christmasy.


Normally, the red barnwood style bench sits under this main living room window, but I decided to move it elsewhere for the time being.  

I truly have a love for reusing/repurposing 2nd hand items.  The only two things on this entire porch that weren't thrifted or discovered treasures at yard sales are the little red truck from Hobby Lobby (though I did buy it last year during a 50% off sale) and the large glass jar which my mom gave me.






I love that the red plate says truck and ties in so cutely with the little vintage style toy truck.


The faux berries are also from Hobby Lobby, bought last year on after Christmas clearance for cheap!




In the corner on the other side of the porch I made this display with part of my collection of soda crates.




Again, the tree, the galvanized buckets, and all of the crates are either from thrift stores or yard sales.  I love it I tell ya!!


I tucked some more of the faux berries into the tree and wrapped a little bit of gingham ribbon around it as garland.  Even the ribbon is re-used!  It's the same one I used for the pennant banner at the vintage inspired ice cream social a few months ago.


I love my crates!  I actually have two more, a RC Cola one that's in use in the kitchen, and a Pepsi one that I just bought over the weekend.


So there's my take on using second hand "junk" as Christmas decor.  I've always loved repurposing things, even as a kid I can remember liking the idea of it, but now it's become a really fun passion of mine.  

I hope you enjoyed the little tour.  Check back again later in the week, I still have more to share.


If you'd like to see more of my "junky" farmhouse Christmas style you can see a repurposed toolbox centerpiece {here} a Christmas "mantel" {here}, and a rustic crate side table display {here}.

                                                      

24 comments:

  1. so,so CUTE!

    just LOVE what you have done for your porch decor.

    Thanks for letting us take a peek.

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your displays are perfect. Makes me wish even more for roofs over my decks. Stuff gets too ruined on a deck. Love the crates as well. Going to keep my eyes peeled for some myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! How creative!
    I Love it all! This is my kind of style!
    Thanks for sharing!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute... makes me long for a porch to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Stephanie--it's all your fault I didn't get accomplisehed this evening what I intended ;) cause I spent the last hour on your adorable blog; taking in all the wonderful ideas, homemaking decor, flea market and yard sale goodies--I had two cups of Earl Grey tea and enjoyed every minute of it! Your porch is so sweet; how do you come up with such wonderful ideas! Many blessings and thanks for being so inspirational! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is adorable, I love all of the coke crates,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew old license plates could make such wonderful Christmas accents?! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all Stephanie! I have been pricing those little antique trucks dreaming of what I could do with them. They are so expensive. What a great option, I will have to check out HL. The crates were a neat idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your porch display! I really like the burlap and the berries in the big jar. Thanks for the idea! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some great stuff here! The license plates are a neat tough - and the burlap and berries in the jar - not sure I'da tho't of that! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you decorated your porch!! I've seen these adorable little trucks showing up all over blogland...and have been looking for one. We have a Hobby Lobby that is 10 minutes away...going to have to go there to look.
    I love your blog and am your newest follower.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you decorated your porch with so many great pieces. Love the crates and the galvanized buckets and the red and white plates are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness ... I just discovered your blog and I wanted to say that it warmed my heart this morning. I'll have to say like Cindy, "I love your blog and am your newest follower. ;-)
    God bless,
    Julee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog, I am your newest follower. Your vintage porch is right up my alley. I am highlighting Christmas Porches over at my blog and would love to feature your. Please let me know if you are interested.
    Creativecaincabin.com
    Thanks,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog via Pinterest. I ADORE your "junky" Christmas porch! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing Stephanie! I featured your blog over at Carter's Cottage, My Monday Muse! LOVE the little red truck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks wonderful, Stephanie! I love your style! It's so cozy and warm! I'd love to visit! :)

    Merry Christmas!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay...that'sa perfect porch!!! I LOVE the truck full of Christmas bulbs...I gotta' do that now...I have a little wagon that will be a perfect candidate!! Thank you for such a cute idea!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  19. After seeing two great posts at the Saturday Night Special, I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, Love your Christmas Porch, it looks so welcoming! I did my Daughters Porch "Thrifty" way also, it was so much fun~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw some of this loveliness featured over at Design Dreams by Anne and fell in love! Happy to be following along via GFC and looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your porch is wonderful! LOVE the coke crates!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love everything. Now I need a red toy truck! So glad I found you at Savvy Southern Style Christmas Past.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...