Friday, September 28, 2012

Fun Friday Finds #14 (Reader's Digest Condensed Version)

I'm finally bringing another Fun Friday Finds post to you.  I haven't done one in a couple of weeks partly because the sales have started to drop off, and partly because we've had so much going on lately I haven't had as much time to go treasure hunting.

Today's post is actually finds from last week, but I was so busy getting ready for our weekend church retreat that I just ran out of time and couldn't get it posted.  This week I'm busy breaking out the Fall decor so I'm gonna keep it quick and give you a condensed version.


I found the awesome vintage globe at a local thrift store for $4.99.  Using online globe dating guides, the best I can tell is that it's from 1946.  I think I'm keeping it for now.  I got the old suitcase and cute little patchwork baby blanket at a garage sale, $1 each.  I'm keeping the blanket, not sure what I'll do with it yet, but it was too much handmade cuteness to pass up for only a buck!  I found the pulley at a sale that I was zooming through when I was really supposed to be doing other things.  I speed-haggled him down to $6 and took off to accomplish the rest of my to-do list.  When I got home I couldn't decide if it was real or reproduction.  It has a uniform shininess to it that you wouldn't expect with a real one so I thought it was reproduction.  But then I got to looking at it closer and the insides of it have the typical rust and dust you would expect with a real one.  So my conclusion is that it's authentic, but someone has sprayed some sort of clear coat over it that gives the outside of it that touch of shiny.


Two "painted" prints for .25 each.  The horse one is for my little girl, and the other I thought would be pretty mixed into my Fall decor this year.


Wicker pet bed for $2.  Our little ol' pooch usually sleeps on a blanket upstairs in our room, but she has arthritis in her hip and she can't always make it up the stairs these days so I've been wanting a bed for her to put in the corner of the living room.  This one was perfect, and after tossing in her favorite blanket she's already been making good use of it.


This last picture has my favorite find of the week....nay, of the summer!  I have been on the hunt for that 7-Up crate for months and months.  I've only come across 2 of them since I started looking in the spring; one of them was in someone else's lucky arms, and the other had too steep of a price tag.  This one was found at about 5pm on a Thursday afternoon.  A friend of mine alerted me to a couple of sales going on that had vintage stuff and good prices and she said they were open until 5pm.  I had too much going on the next day to be able to go, so as soon as the kids woke up from their naps on Thursday afternoon we headed out.  And boy am I glad I did.  As soon as I spotted that sitting there I literally gasped and said, "Be still my beating heart!"  LOL!  And at only $5 I snapped it up.  Those early bird shoppers would have grabbed it had I waited until Friday morning.

The other items in the picture are a cute little vintage storage jar for .10, set of metal measuring cups $1, cute red gingham vintage pitcher $1, and a red gingham vintage apron $1.

So there ya have it, another week of fun finds.  I'll be sure to share some of my Fall decor with you next week, and until then, I hope this finds you doing well and having a blessed week.

                                          

9 comments:

  1. You find the coolest stuff! I love your 7 up crate and pulley especially. Great finds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buys Stephanie...the 7up crate was a huge score! Have a great fall weekend!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coveting your metal measuring cups! I've been on the lookout all summer for a set...great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds. Really cool to find the pet basket for $2. What a bargain and when you needed it to. Love all the items in the last picture. Anything red makes me drool. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie,

    What great finds! I LOVE that 7-up crate too! Lucky you! And I love that gingham apron....so sweet! Anything red is great in my book!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see, where do I start? Loving every one of your fantastic finds. There was a globe just like that at a thrift store a few weeks ago but I didn't have enuf money to be able to buy it. I told myself I didn't have anyplace to put it.
    I have some of the aprons like you got, one almost exactly like yours. I can't seem to part with them, I want to use them but am afraid I'll ruin them.
    Love your suitcase, what a find. Just love all your finds.
    I need to go to yard sales more often. I can only go in our area as I can't afford the gas to go into Grand Junction but I find some good stuff when I can go to yard sales and thrift store in next town, (5 1/2 miles away). Enjoy all your wonderful finds. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds! I just wanted to share what helped our elderly and very arthritic shepherd cross. I used a buffered Vitamin C, called ester-c, and an 81 mg baby aspirin in his food every day. Even at 14 years old, he was able to walk much better with just that little bit of vitamin and medicine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my favorite things - globes and suitcases! I want that pulley - great find and deal!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you sure do have the eye, and yes, it is a very good thing you went to that sale on Thursday night! Who'd have thought you could score one of those 7-Up crates at all, much less for such a great price! I'm loving every single thing you got. Way to shop and haggle!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...