Friday, May 25, 2012

Fun Friday Finds

So...I'm thinking of making this "Fun Friday Finds" a weekly thing, summing up my yard sale and thrift store treasures for the week.  I've seen other blogs have a Thrifty Thursday thing, but I plan to post on Fridays because I do the majority of yard sale shopping on Fridays.  Around here the sales start as early as Thursday, the majority start on Fridays, and the only things left by Saturday are the broken toys and shower curtain rings.  So, it works out best for me to go on Friday mornings if I can.

Anyways, I plan to start posting about my finds each week as long as I have the time.  (Don't hold me to it, in other words.)

Here's my haul from today, most of it will end up in my Etsy shop. 
 The kids and I got a bit of a late start and I had to quit early to pick up some groceries and get back in time for lunch and Bub's nap time, so we only had an hour and a half.  But a local neighborhood was having community sales so we hit a bunch in that short time.


Total spent - $16


I got this great old pinball marble game for $1.50!  You'll see several items that were $1.50 because I got a bunch of stuff from the same sale and he gave me a great price for the whole lot of items, so I did some math and came up with the price per item.



A stack of vintage linens for $1.  It was all bundled together and I couldn't see what was included, I just knew I wanted that red gingham piece.  Turns out there were 3 vintage hand painted tablecloths in there also.

Set of 6 ornate little metal frames made in Italy - $2.



Retro canister set - $1.50 (I think there's an in between size missing, but I couldn't pass them up for that price tag)

Old metal coat hooks - .50


A brand new, still in the package, vintage thermos - $1
Old skates - $1.50
Baseball - .50 (I have a collection of old/dirty baseballs that I like to use in a display during the summer)


Incredibly cute little vintage/retro lamp - .50 (can't decide if I want to keep or sell, it is so stinkin' cute!)
Old wooden box - $1.50
Vintage bread box - $1.50 (I think most of it's discoloration is just dirt.  It needs a good cleaning.)


I thought this vintage microscope lab set was just cute and fun - $1.50


Wooden organizing tray - .50 (destined for my crafting area)
Battery operated jeep for Bubs - .50 (he LOVES it!)
Shoes for Bubs - .50




I forgot to include this stuff in the picture, it was from a sale we stopped at on Thursday on the way home from an errand.


A tin of misc. rusty hardware, 2 packages of casters, and a bag of miniature pulleys - $5 (if you're looking at price tags and mentally adding it up, I didn't add wrong, it totaled $6 but I offered $5 and she took it).


I have no idea as of yet what I'll do with the pulleys, but seriously, how cute are they?!?

In that bin of rusty hardware was the perfect piece I needed for a little project.   I was so excited. 
 I'll be sharing that soon.

I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!


P.S.  Don't forget to check out my first giveaway!

                                         


Linking up to:

15 comments:

  1. Wow! What a haul! I love that bread box!~Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. O man! Your mom is right; you live a charmed life. :) Some awesome finds! Those tiny pulleys are killing me. SO cute! I look forward to your Friday posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bargains you got! Amazing! I have one of those silver cannisters that belonged to my Mother. I have the sugar and I imagine she had the whole set at one time. They date back to the 50's. You find the coolest stuff either that or we have the same taste! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What awesome finds! You scored some wonderful items!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous finds :)
    Love those kind of thriftin' days !

    Have a fantastic weekend :)

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always excited to see what great finds are out there. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You find way too many cut things and at super great prices!! Use some of those pulleys for science w/ H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bargains!! Wondering what your etsy shop link is? It doesn't work on the sidebar. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to move! Nothing fun like that around here, or if there is something it's priced so high that I probably wouldn't buy it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog~if you want to start canning and have any questions I would love to help! It is such a joy to do, and actually quite easy! The canned chicken is probably the easiest of all the things I can, and certainly the best tasting!
    Looking forward to all your Friday postings!!!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must have such great sales!! That bread box is so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time visiting your blog! I found it from old time farmhouse party! WHOO-HOO! I see you love to junk like the rest of us gals, you have some GREAT stuff there! I am following! Enjoyed reading your post! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stephanie,
    I see you're a treasure seeker...great finds. It's addicting, isn't it! Thanks for boot scootin' on over to the Old Time Party!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Wow! You did make a haul, didn't you? Lots of great finds!
    Blessings,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You found some great things! Love the pinball game, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...