Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another Update on the Big Move

So, my hubby is down in Florida this weekend doing job interviews and house searching.  I decided to hold a yard sale while he was gone, so that's what I did all day yesterday.  My very good friend and faithful sidekick came and helped me out and we sold a good amount of stuff.


This was our kitchen table for the past 2.5 years, but I sold it off.  We thought we would love the breakfast nook style of it, but we didn't.  Benches just aren't all they're cracked up to be and they were more aggravation than they were worth.  So it went to a new home and in the mean time...


this is our kitchen table and chairs.  : )

We'll look for something better once we get moved and settled.


Remember this shelf contraption that I picked off the curb?  I had intended to take it apart and turn it into something else, but that never happened.  So I sold it too.


A couple of years ago I redid our coffee table and took it from it's white chippy look (too chippy...as in the paint was falling off in chunks),


 to this soft yellow, aged look.  It was beautiful, but it just wasn't working out as a coffee table.  Just a few inches too high to prop our feet up on comfortably so it went on to a new home as well.  
(You can read about its makeover {here}.)

The same lady who bought the layered shelf thingy also bought the trunk.  She owns a cute little shop in a nearby town called "The Junk Ladies" where they resell great old "junk."  The trunk will have a home in their shop until it sells.

While I was helping her get her purchases loaded in her van she asked, "You don't happen to need a baby's car seat do you?"  I told her, "I don't need a baby seat, but I am looking for a booster seat."  (I've been scouring yard sales and thrift stores for awhile now hoping to find one.)  Out pops the perfect little booster seat in great condition and she said, "Here, it's all yours."


Can't beat that!  My pretty trunk went to someone who could truly appreciate it, she helped me downsize my stash, and I got a free booster seat out of the deal!  I call that a good day.  : )

Less, than a month to go 'til the big move!

                                                               


5 comments:

  1. Garage sales are so fun. You meet the nicest people and find such great things you just can't live without. Good luck on the move and can't wait to see photos of the new place.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you had lots of fun with your garage sale. Congrats on making great sales!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I wish that I could have shopped at your sale. I love that trunk! Good luck on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the joys of moving . . . sounds like you did great with your sale. I'm sure it felt great to sell some bulky/heavy furniture that wasn't quite working for you anyway. We used a company like ABF U-pack for our last big move across country and it saved us a ton while removing the driving aspect (of the moving van). I did a google search for companies, got some bids, and some actually competed and gave me a better price. You pack and load into a semi trailer they bring, they put up a divider "wall" and they drive it to your location where you remove the "wall" and unload. You pay by the linear foot, not the weight, so pack tight! I wish I had known about this option with our previous moves--I hated trying to drive vehicles and the moving van, but a full service move is too much when you are paying for it yourself! Let me know if need more info on this type of move or other ways to sell stuff locally (our last move across town was stressful and a lot of things had to go--I sold $3500 in about 2 months, while packing/moving with 6 kids and pregnant!).

    Jennifer
    garnerstamps@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you keep submitting well written articles just like this then I will always keep returning back to your blog. Really good material.

    Laptop Repair in  Longbeach
    Mac Repair in Bellflower ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...