Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

This is an unexpected, spur of the moment post.  I tried out a new recipe for breakfast this morning and it was SO good!  I was going to just post a quick picture of it to the Facebook page, but then I figured I'd just go ahead and post it here.  It's not the greatest of pictures, just a quick photo snapped with my iPhone, but it'll have to do.


I came across this recipe in the comment section of this recipe that I found on Pinterest.  So, just note that this is not my original recipe, but the person who left the comment doesn't have a blog so I can't give them credit.

Anyways, it was really easy and super yummy so I figured I'd share it with you all.


Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

19 Rhodes dinner rolls (frozen)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 t. cinnamon
Pecans (optional)

Grease bunt pan. Sprinkle pecans in the bottom of the pan (if using), then arrange rolls around the bottom of the pan putting close together in one ring (
I made sort of an inner and an outer ring).

 In a sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar, cinnamon until consistancy of a caramel. (
I brought to a boil over med. heat, then turned down the heat and simmered for 5 minutes.)  Pour over rolls.

Cover with plastic wrap and raise overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then invert.

It doesn't specify if the raising is supposed to be done in the fridge or on the counter at room temperature, so I went with the fridge and then this morning I put them in a warm oven for about 45 minutes to let them finish raising.  Baked them at 350 for 20 minutes and they came out full of sticky yummy deliciousness!  

So easy and so good, a win win!  

Let me know if you try them and what you thought.

                                            

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!!! for posting this. Yeast and I don't mix we all love sticky buns. Im so excited to get the stuff to make these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I've made this for years. Its a favorite at my house. Only for a yummier, gooier glaze this is what I do (no precooking required):
    1 24-ct pkg frozen Parker house rolls
    1 small box cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
    3/4-1 C brown sugar (not packed)
    2 whole sticks of butter
    1/2 C chopped pecans (I use even more as they are native to this area and I love, love pecans!)

    Spray pan then arrange frozen rolls in pan.

    Mix pudding mix, brown sugar and pecans together and dump evenly over rolls. Melt butter in microwavable measuring cup and pour over pudding/sugar/rolls.

    Cover (I use a cup towel, but waxed paper is such a better idea!), place in oven to let rise overnight (7-8 hours). Put a cookie sheet with a lip underneath bundt pan to catch anything that oozes out while rising or baking.

    In the morning, remove the cover and just turn the oven on to 350. Let bake 35-45 minutes til medium to dark brown and bubbly.

    Let cool about 5 minutes and then invert on large plate or platter deep enough and wide enough to catch all the yummy, ooey, gooey, finger-lickin' goodness that's gonna come pouring out of the pan. I use a spatula to get out every last drop!

    We eat it with big ol' glasses of cold milk and lots of napkins. Oooohh sooooo good.

    Mmmm....I think that's on the menu for breakfast this weekend!

    Glad to see a blog from you!

    Christy in SoTex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...