Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What Would You Do?

Ever have those times when your creative juices are just lacking?  That's been me lately.  I go through periods where I feel crazy inspired and have dreams of completing umpteen projects, but then life with kids happens and maybe one of them gets done.  Anyways, I digress. 

I found this cute little metal, storage bin, cubby hole, thingy-ma-bob at a yard sale for $1.   (Please excuse the overgrown grass, our mower is taking a vacation from life apparantly)


 Anything red and metal always makes my heart beat a little faster.  So I bought it without any purpose in mind for it, just figured I love it so I'll find some use for it.  Problem is......so far I haven't.  Just not feeling it.  The previous owners used it as a shoe holder....in their closet!  They hid away it's vintage beauty in a closet!  I have bigger plans for it.  No wait, I don't really, because I can't figure out what to do with it!


I bought it with my kitchen in mind, because that room has a  very Vintage-y vibe with lots of red and yellow.  I'd like it to have some measure of functionality, and not just be completely decorative. 


But I don't want it to be purely functional either, as in, I don't want to display all my canned goods in it.


So, for now it's sort of an after thought, sitting in this neglected corner of my kitchen with a leftover Fall arrangement plunked on top.


So...what would you do with it?  Please help me get my creativeness functioning again.


Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. What size are the openings? and over all size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several vintage locker baskets, and I am going to group mine together and hang them on the wall in our entry, above a bench. Maybe you could do something similar?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...