Monday, January 14, 2013

Winter Coffee Table Vignette

Over the weekend I had an unexpected junkin' adventure that I can't wait to share you with you.  I found some great treasures and I'm excited to give you the full scoop.  My Facebook fans got a little taste of it when I shared snippets of it with them.  If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and "like" the page.  You're missing out on half the fun if you don't!   So stayed tuned for that adventure later in the week.

But for today, I'm sharing my winter coffee table vignette.

Last week I shared the winter mantel with you, and promised some more to go with it. 
 I hope you enjoy what I came up with.


Keeping with the white and silver palette I had going on with the mantel, I shopped my house for some more items to create this gathering.


I started with my lemonade tray (that project can be seen here)  and covered the red and white sign with a flour sack towel.


See that sweet little deer nestled in the "snow?"  I got him at Goodwill the other day for 79 cents.  
He used to look like this.


But a few coats of glossy white paint and now he looks like this.


I borrowed this little metal basket from our master bathroom that usually holds hand towels, but now holds snowballs.  I found it at a local thrift store for .99, it used to have a faux wood trim wrapped around the top.


It was covering up bits of rusty goodness so it had to go!




The "snowballs" are just styrofoam balls that have been wrapped and hot glued with a soft fuzzy yarn.  I found the idea and tutorial here.  The styrofoam balls were a yard sale find, and I used a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby for the yarn, so this was a fairly cheap project that has a lot of impact in this little vignette.


I'm completely in love with the softness and fuzziness of them!  Reminds me of the little girl in Despicable Me..."It's so FLUFFY!" 
  And who knew there were SO many different kinds of white yarn to be had?  I think it took me 5 minutes to find the perfect one!


You might remember these Epsom Salt "snow" candles I had on the Christmas mantel
 I added one of them into this mix for a warm cozy glow.


An icicle garland was layered in for a little added sparkle.


And I finished it off with this pale, icy blue snowflake to add a pop of color.


I. am. in. love.

It makes me smile every single time I look at it.  I'm so glad I didn't just revert back to whatever I did last year, but challenged myself to come up with something new.  It got me out of my ''comfort zone" and stretched my mind and capabilities to try new things.  And it was worth it.

So, I offer you the same challenge.  Don't keep doing the same thing over and over.  Stretch your mind, challenge your capabilities, try new things, and you just might find a new joy you hadn't previously known.

                                                               

Sharing over at:


16 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I LOVE that basket! What a steal for $.99! I can't wait to see what all you got a the GW outlet. Now that I know there is such a thing, I'm going to have to plan a trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the way a coat of paint give something a completely different look, like the deer. Love the change. It makes it look more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlynn wants me to tell you that she loves this. She says we should do things like this at our house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I did a similar tray on my blog last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice. Side note: I really like your new header. It really shows your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this too. Lucky you for coming across such thrifty finds. This is so my style. New follower visiting from Creative Cain Cabin Budget Decorating Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love it all contained and cozy in the pretty try!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely Stephanie!! I am really enjoying your "winter bling"!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it all! That basket is adorable and the transformation of the little deer is fabulous! Glad I came across your blog...I'm a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your winter coffee table vignette...so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephanie,
    Hmmm...I was following you and then it disappeared? I'm following you again and hope it sticks this time. Thanks for linking up to Country Whites!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I'm in love with it too! What a lovely idea. And Epsom salt snow, who knew? I love it.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love the mix of textures and shapes and the little pop of blue in the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did create a wonderful wintry looking vignette!
    I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stephanie,

    Beautiful whitemantel. Ilove the snow balls. Love to make them for me;). The jar so sweet vintage.
    Just pop from Cindy's party.
    I am your new follower
    warmly greeting from Rome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...