Saturday, July 2, 2011

FINALLY..........Curtains!


Finally, after almost 7 months of living in this house and poor Halie living with her windows looking like this...



I finally got her curtains made.  They make such a huge difference, dontcha think?  They just add to the soft, feminine look of the room and they provide a nice color balance to all the pink and white.




It took me this long because I was hoping the fabric would go on a 50% off sale at Hobby Lobby.  Y'all know by now....I'm cheap.  But every time I was there to check it was always 30% off.  So finally I just bit the bullet and used a 40% coupon.  (If you didn't know this already, you can forgo the sale price and use your coupon on the regular price of the item.)


I paid about $12 for the fabric, and I got the ribbon 50% off so I paid $8 for 4 rolls of that.  So, about $10 per curtain.  My sewing skills are beginner level at best, and these certainly wouldn't win any sewing contests, but I'm kinda proud of 'em.  I think they look purdy cute.


I even took the extra step of lining them!  Aren't I so professional?  I just used an old sheet I had in storage.




Once, again, purely for your viewing pleasure....

Before


After



Now....two more projects and I can consider her room D-O-N-E!



Linking up to:

1 comment:

  1. You just make things look so cute with the little touches!!!!
    Ruth Nichols

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...