Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Frugal Knock Off

Ok, so this isn't a project of anything I made or  repurposed, but it is about achieving "the look" without the cost.

For our upstairs bathroom I really wanted a vintage, metal trash can that looks like this one.  Well, truthfully I've wanted one for a long time, not just for the bathroom.  There's just something about them, I love the style.  Anyhoo...in this case, vintage equaled "out of my price range."  I found this one on Etsy for $60.   Maybe some day we'll be in a comfortable enough place financially that I can spend $60 on a garbage can, but for now that's just not a possibility.

(I apologize, I don't remember who's Etsy shop this was.  I found this picture months
and months ago and didn't save the link anywhere)



So.......what's a girl to do?  Well, nothing at first.  I just lived without.  And everytime I walked in my bathroom my eye would go to the corner where the cheapie white plastic one sat and I would wish upon a star that I had a vintage trash can.

Then one day, I saw a sales ad for a local dollar store.........the heavens opened and a beam of light shone upon this little beauty.


I'm sure you know that was a bit exaggerated, but the point is I found this "knock off" for $1!  Granted, it's flimsy plastic and the slightest extra bit of pressure of pushing the garbage down further in the can because I'm too lazy to empty it makes it bulge out and I then have to reshape it.  BUT......as my husband would sarcastically say, "It looks good."


Linking up to:

The Shabby Nest

1 comment:

  1. Tar-jay or Walmart (can't remember now)had a similar metal trash can that was white. I just spray painted it ORB and it looked great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...