Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Stockings Makeover and a Feature

Ok, I have two things for you today my faithful readers!  

First of all, Dawn over at Creative Cain Cabin was sweet enough to feature my Christmas porch on her blog today!  So be sure to stop by her blog and share the love.  She has an incredibly amazing home!  Thanks so much Dawn!!

Now onto the 2nd thing, my last Christmas post for this year.  This is going to be a fairly quick post, nothing too fancy or completely amazing.  Just a quick little project I did yesterday and wanted to share with you.

My husband is the only one in our household that has a special stocking that he loves to use every year.  The rest of us have just been using the decorative ones I have.  They're cute up on the wall, but they're a pain to actually try and fill with stuff.  Plus, they're not "special" in any way.  After falling in love with some quilted ones on Etsy I decided that's what I want to do.  I want to make our stockings out of a quilt.  BUT...it was too late to try and accomplish that this year.  For one thing, I was running out of time to be able to finish them without mega stress, and for another thing I can't even get to my sewing machine right now thanks to this summer's yard sale treasures that have buried it.

SO.....in the mean time I bought these basic little fuzzy stockings from good ol' Wally World and a pack of variety buttons.  I already had the ribbon from a 60% off sale at JoAnn's.


About 30 minutes and a little hot glue later I had some "not so basic" stockings.







I think they turned out pretty cute for how easy they were and they will suffice perfectly until I can get some new ones made....probably in 2016 at the rate I usually go.

I'm signing off until after the holidays so that I can focus on my sweet family and most of all on the real reason for the season...Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas everyone!  

                                                            

3 comments:

  1. I just love these Stephanie! Perfectly simple and sweet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,
    your stockings are darling. Love the gingham ribbon touch. It was an honor having you over to my blog again today. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out cute. I have never thought of revamping plain stockings. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...